Singing, Dancing, Depression and 20 Other Fun Facts About Me
23 Fun Facts About Me
- I sing all the time. And most of the time it is random phases in the same melody. My husband gets really annoyed but I love it! My daughter does it too. Its super cute!
- I love reading. There is a bookshelf in our office overflowing with books. And I keep finding new books that I want to read! Also, for my daughter’s baby shower, I had everyone bring her books instead of cards, so my kids have a ton of books as well!
- I haven’t always been into fitness. Growing up I was a cheerleader for a few years but I definitely wasn’t the most athletic on the team. At the point where I had to do tumbling (I lack flexibility), I didn’t make the team. Last school year, I became a coach for a middle school cheerleading team with my sister in law and it was the greatest thing ever! I love cheerleading!
- My favorite movie is Bring It On! I’ve loved it ever since it came out in 2000! Hey, that was the year before I started cheerleading!!
- I always hated gym class. I mean I was very afraid of balls flying at my head… When I was little my parents put me in soccer and it was terrifying. Also, I was hit in the face with a softball while playing with my friend in her backyard and that scarred me. I still don’t really like playing sports but I definitely love watching them! Football is my favorite.
- I still have goals in fitness. My original goal was lose weight. Then my second goal was to gain muscle. And now my current goal is to work on my flexibility. The main part of that goal is to do a backhandspring. I can teach someone how to do it but I lack the flexibility in my back, chest, and shoulders to do it myself! Haha. So that is why I focus at least 3 days of my week on stretching and yoga!
- I love to dance. I am not the best dancer but when I am listening to music, I am busting a move!
- As you know, I am a mom of 2. When I was younger, I always wanted kids. I wanted 4 kids probably because I grew up with 3 siblings. But after 2 horrible pregnancies, we decided 2 is definitely enough!
- I was diagnosed with Postpartum Depression after having my 2nd child. While I have always struggled with anxiety and depression, it got really bad after having my son. I did not feel connected to him. The only connection I had with him was with breastfeeding. I lost interest in everything. I never wanted to leave the house. So my midwife put me on an antidepressant which should have helped but it made me feel 100 times worse. I was in a fog and I wanted to run away. However, I knew my kids and husband needed me. After getting taken off the antidepressant, my midwife recommended fitness. So, I start exercising once I found the motivation (which at time was not easy especially with a 2 year old and a newborn).
- The first fitness program I did was “15 day Mommy Fit Challenge” that I found on Facebook. It catered to Moms and since I was still breastfeeding and didn’t want to stop, it was perfect because the meal plan had specifics for breastfeeding and pregnant moms!
- I do not have a specific “meal plan” right now. I count macros and that helps keep my on track! Thank goodness for the My Fitness Pal App and that I can do it all on my phone! It calculates what my macros should be for the day and I can change it if I want to lose weight, maintain weight, or gain muscle.
- I love coffee but can’t drink it after 4pm or I will be up ALL night! We have 3 different coffee makers and a French Press! (Writing this makes me really want more coffee…)
- I wish I could get more sleep. I have always had issues with sleeping and now my kids don’t sleep well… But working out gives me the energy I need beyond coffee!
- I was in 4 beauty pageants. The first one was a very local one when I was 16. The second one was Miss Wisconsin USA when I was 18 years old. And the 3rd pageant was Miss Wisconsin International when I was 19 years old. Then I joined the America’s Perfect Miss pageant as Wisconsin’s Perfect Miss, that pageant was held a few days before my 20th birthday. And it was in Orlando! I had my very first plane ride ever and it was by myself! AHH! I thought about doing a pageant now but they are A LOT of work! However, there is a lot of fitness involved so never say never.
- I still struggle with depression and anxiety but being in therapy helps. I do not want to take meds so I am exploring new ways of dealing with this illness. Right now, I am trying to figure out essential oils and if they can help with my anxiety.
- I am an introvert and not outgoing (yeah, I don’t know how I was a cheerleader either..). And I get very shy around people I do not know and sometimes even around people I do know.
- I love wine. I am not afraid to admit that. Alcohol and weight loss typically do not go hand in hand. But I love a glass of red wine or 2.. 😀
- I am very allergic to chocolate, to the point where I have to keep an epipen with me. I am very careful with what I eat. But I wasn’t always allergic to chocolate. The funny thing is I found out when I was 18 years old. I never had issues with chocolate beforehand. So, I blame going to school at UW-Green Bay! Just kidding!!! But you most likely will not see any food posts with chocolate in them from me.
- I double majored in Psychology and Human Development at UW-Green Bay and graduated in 3.5 years. Then I went back to school for a Finance bachelors through Rasmussen College, which I graduated with in 1.5 years (had an advantage of already having a Bachelor’s degree). I really love to learn!
- I like to do pretty much every kind of fitness except running. Running sucks and doing a 5k with my mom was brutal but I made it through. Won’t be doing that again! But I still get my cardio in, just in different ways!
- I am afraid of flying but I love traveling. My anxiety gets really bad on flights but its the fastest way to get to our vacations so I have to do it.
- I love my birthday. I used to celebrate ALL month long… But since my daughter was also born in August, I give her the first 9 days and I get from the 10th on! Haha!
- I love sweets. Sometimes its hard for me to curve my sweet tooth but I have found some healthy ways around that! Greek Yogurt is great! Halo Top Ice cream! Subbing protein powder for flour in some dessert recipes.
Please follow and like us:
Disclaimer: I am a NASM certified personal trainer. I can give advice on what workouts would be great for just about anybody. If you have any medical conditions, please check with your doctor before starting a workout routine.
I may share food ideas and recipes, but I am not a licensed dietitian. I can show you foods I love to eat which may have helped me achieve my weight loss and health goals. I cannot provide meal plans.
Enjoy my site? Please spread the word! :)